CIA Rejection of Stinger
Missiles From Afghani Rebels
From the desk of Rodney StichAuthor of DEFRAUDING AMERICA-A Pattern of Related Scandals and
P.O. Box 5, Alamo, CA 94507
UNFRIENDLY SKIES-History of Corruption and Air Tragedies
October 20, 1995
Senator Arlen Specter
United States Senate
Washington, DC 20510 Certified: P 427 892 268
Ref: Refusal by CIA and Justice Department officials to accept the "gift" of 30-40 Stinger missiles, suggesting a hidden agenda, with possible catastrophic consequences in shooting down commercial airliners.
Dear Senator Specter:
My sources in the intelligence community have recently given me details of efforts by Afghani rebels to turn over to the United States, without charge, 30 to 40 Stinger missiles (SAM), with a possibility of an additional 100 missiles thereafter. Incredibly, this offer was rejected by Justice Department and Central Intelligence Agency officials. There is a strong probability that one or more of these rejected missiles will be used to shoot down commercial airliners. If this occurs, not only will the carnage be horrendous, but it will inflict severe financial havoc upon the aviation industry and upon air travel. The following is a brief description of what has transpired:
Synopsis of CIA and Justice Department Tactics Insuring That the SAM Missiles Will Be Available to Terrorists
Recent information provided to me by one or more of my many contacts in the CIA community describes the dates, places, and people involved in offering the missiles to the United States, and the rejection of this offer. These sources provided me with precise details of the negotiations to give the missiles to the United States, the agreement by Afghan rebel leader, General Rashid Dostum, and a CIA attorney.
CIA headquarters was initially made aware of the offer through a letter sent by a former CIA agent whom I have known for about five years, and who I consider very honorable and reliable. That letter went unanswered. The agent, concerned about the consequences of commercial airliners being shot down with these missiles, then contacted another CIA employee at CIA headquarters, who then tried to force a response from high CIA officials. This latest action forced CIA officials to finally respond.
Negotiations then commenced, which involved, among others, the former CIA agent who headed a major CIA proprietary in Hawaii; a CIA attorney in the Los Angeles area; an Afghani located in California; and an Afghani rebel general in Afghanistan (who had previously turned over 20 Stinger missiles to the United States).
The general agreed to turn over the missiles without cost to the United States, and simply requested the release of an Afghani being held in federal prison on a drug charge arising from a possible KGB setup. At the same time that the Afghan general was offering to give these missiles to the United States, these same missiles were being sought by terrorist groups who bid large amounts of money for them. One obvious possible use for these missiles in terrorist hands would be to shoot down commercial airlines.
Incredibly, CIA and Justice Department officials rejected the offer, insuring that the missiles would fall into the hands of terrorists, where some of them may be at this very moment.
The Afghani initially offered to give to the CIA 30 to 40 Stinger (following an earlier return of 20 Stinger missiles), with a possibility that 100 more would be delivered thereafter. The CIA and Justice Department requested serial numbers for several of the missiles to determine that the missiles were actually available. These serial numbers (1) were then provided, and the numbers were confirmed by U.S. authorities as authentic.
After telephone contact was made with this Afghan general (General Dostum), a written agreement was signed by a Los Angeles area CIA attorney, the Afghani in California, and the former CIA agent who the Afghans were using to insure that the CIA and Justice Department kept their word.
Knowledge of corrupt CIA and Justice Department activities
My prior experience as a federal and then a private investigator, and a confidant to many former CIA and other deep-cover people seeking to expose government corruption, has enabled me to recognize the corrupt conduct of these two government agencies. I strongly feel that this rejection indicates a secret agenda that could inflict additional great harm upon America. This conduct would be compatible with the corrupt activities and harm that I have detailed and documented during the past 30 years of attempts to expose the activities of corrupt government officials and employees.
POSSIBLE REASONS FOR REFUSING THE MISSILES
There are several possible reasons for the CIA and Justice Department refusing to accept the missiles, and each of them is in character for these two groups. Two of these reasons are listed here:
* Attempt to prevent exposure of an earlier CIA and Justice Department scandal. The offer to provide the missiles at no charge went through a former CIA agent who was made the titular head of a large and covert CIA proprietary in Hawaii: Bishop, Baldwin, Rewald, Dillingham and Wong (BBRD&W). This covert operation that was based within the United States (Honolulu) had offices in 17 countries, and replaced another CIA operation and scandal known as Nugan Hand Bank with headquarters in Australia. After a Honolulu television station blew the cover on BBRD&W, officials in control of the CIA and Justice Department sought to cover for the CIA operation by fraudulently charging with criminal conduct the head of that CIA proprietary.
If the missiles had been accepted, it is possible that this sacrificed agent would be identified and the massive fraud involving the Hawaiian and Nugan Hand operations would then surface. (Exposure of this type of misconduct would reveal that the Justice Department's conduct at Ruby Ridge and Waco are only the tip of the iceberg.)
* CIA need for continuing crises. Another possibility for CIA and Justice Department rejection of the Stinger missiles is that the CIA wants the missiles to fall into terrorists' hands, and actually wants an airliner to be shot down. The shoot-down of a commercial airliner could then be used to justify the continuation of CIA activities. This scenario is not as bizarre as it sounds when a person understands the history of corrupt CIA and Justice Department activities and the great harm inflicted upon the United States through criminal activities. I describe these activities in books that I have written, Defrauding America and to a lesser extent, Unfriendly Skies.
A Prior Air Tragedy Involved With CIA-DEA-Justice Department Misconduct
Pan Am 103. Despite the cover-up by the CIA and Justice Department (and by Congress and much of the mainstream media), substantial evidence indicates that the Pan Am 103 tragedy was made possible by CIA-DEA misconduct associated with a pattern of illicit drug smuggling into the United States. My deep-cover contacts, along with information obtained from other sources, indicates that the CIA and DEA had an established drug pipeline from Nicosia and Beirut into the United States using Pan Am aircraft. Pan Am's involvement started at Frankfort, Germany. Ironically, one of the same DEA agents involved in that drug pipeline, Michael T. Hurley, was used to retaliate against a witness who testified to Congress concerning the Justice Department's involvement in the Inslaw scandal. Justice Department officials retaliated against Michael Riconosciuto for testifying before Congress about the Justice Department's involvement in the Inslaw scandal. This is a routine criminal misuse of Justice Department offices and power. Officials prosecuted Lester Coleman, a former intelligence agency asset who blew the whistle on the CIA-DEA involvement in the Pan Am tragedy. Justice Department officials prosecuted Juval Aviv in retaliation for uncovering evidence showing CIA-DEA involvement in that tragedy. (I have a long list of others who were fraudulently prosecuted to silence them, including the long persecution of me in retaliation for exposing these crimes against America.)
Pattern Of Congressional and Media Coverup
None of the corrupt government activities that I identify could continue without the criminal cover-up by members of Congress and by most of the U.S. mainstream media. I repeatedly offered to provide evidence to you and other members of Congress (and the media) of hard-core criminal activities involving federal officials, and the only response was silence (i.e., misprision of felonies, cover-up, obstruction of justice). This same misprision of felonies has put many citizens in prison (Title 18 U.S.C. § 4), even though they were less guilty than government officials, members of Congress, and the media, who have a greater responsibility to report these crimes.
On the surface, although very serious, this missile matter does not appear to have the subversive and criminal nature of other criminal conduct that I exposed. However, it demands a full, open, congressional investigation.
Fortunately for everyone involved in these criminal activities, the mainstream media has kept the lid on the scandals, and most Americans are too preoccupied with trivia, and totally unwilling to meet their responsibilities under our form of government.
Vested Interest In Continuing the Cover-up
Based upon 30 years of experience in attempting to expose hard-core government corruption, starting while I was a federal investigator, it would be my expectation that you will cover up this matter. For many years, and especially during the past five years, I have made you aware of criminal activities (2) involving government employees and officials, including corrupt officials within the Central Intelligence Agency, the Justice Department, and crooked judges. Each of you therefore have a vested interest in preventing the American people from learning about these criminal activities and what has been done to the American people.
But there is the possibility that despite the media cover-up, and the public's incredible illiteracy about government misconduct, that a small percentage of the American people will learn about it and demand justice. If one or more commercial aircraft are blown out of the sky, your prior knowledge will be publicized. So you have a dilemma as to what to do with this information. You certainly can't meet your responsibilities by turning this information over to the same Justice Department that is corruptly involved with the various criminal activities that I brought to your attention.
cc: Broadcast and print media.
Every member of the Senate and House intelligence Committees via identical letter.
1. The Stinger missiles serial numbers provided by the Afghans included the following: Lot Nos. GDP 84D 001-320 362956; GDP 84J 001-320 363602; GDP 86G 001-387 369587; GDP 84G 001-320 363387.
2. The criminal activities that Stich initially discovered while a federal investigator included: (a) widespread and deeply entrenched pattern of CIA and DEA drug smuggling into the United States, aided and abetted by persons in employed by Customs, Justice Department, and other government agencies and branches; (b) converting federal bankruptcy courts into criminal enterprises through looting of assets by a conspiracy consisting of federal judges, trustees, covert Justice Department and CIA law firms; (c) CIA involvement in looting U.S. financial institutions, including the savings and loans; (d) CIA scheme known as "October Surprise," and its cover-up; (e) Inslaw corruption involving Justice Department personnel and federal judges; (f) Operation Mount Rushmore, a CIA/Mossad scheme to assassinate presidential candidate Bill Clinton in San Francisco; (g) criminal cover-up and obstruction of justice by Justice Department personnel, federal judges, and others, of each of these and other crimes; (h) felony persecution of informants, whistleblowers, and protesting victims by federal judges and prosecutors; (i) involvement of California judges in helping to carry out several of these schemes, including a ten-year pattern of judicial acts against Rodney Stich while violating blocks of California and federal statutes and constitutional protections, making them co-conspirators.
3. It is a criminal offense to threaten any person who seeks to report federal crimes.
Title 18 U.S.C. § 1513. Retaliating against a witness, victim, or an informant. (a) Whoever knowingly engages in any conduct and thereby causes bodily injury to another person or damages the tangible property of another person, or threatens to do so, with intent to retaliate against any person for(1) the attendance of a witness or party at an official proceeding, or any testimony given or any record, document, or other object produced by a witness in an official proceeding; or (2) any information relating to the commission or possible commission of a Federal offense ...
Title 18 U.S.C. § 1512. Tampering with a witness/informant. Applies to anyone who (b) uses intimidation or physical force, or threatens another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to (1) influence, delay or prevent that person's testimony in an official proceeding; (2) cause or induce any person to (A) withhold testimony; or withhold a record from an official proceeding; (B) alter, destroy, mutilate, or conceal an object with intent to impart the object's integrity or availability for use in an official proceeding; (3) hinder, delay, or prevent the communication to a ... judge of the United States of information relating to the commission or possible commission of a Federal offense, ...
1512. Tampering with a witness, victim, or an informant
(b) Whoever knowingly uses intimidation or physical force, or threatens another person, or attempts to do so, or engages in misleading conduct toward another person, with intent to
(1) influence, delay or prevent the testimony of any person in an official proceeding:
shall be fined ... or imprisoned ... or both. [1988 amended reading]
4. Title 18 U.S.C. § 4 (misprision of felony). "Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined not more than $500 or imprisoned not more than three years, or both."