TRUE DEMOCRACY FALL 2001 TABLE OF CONTENTS
Advice to Government
Former Secretary of State Lawrence Eagleburger
You have been quoted as saying:
"There is only one way to begin to deal with people like this, and that
is you have to kill some of them even if they are not immediately directly
involved in this thing." (CNN, September 11, 2001)
What you (allegedly) said makes a lot of sense. I'm presuming that when
you said "people like this," you were referring to any of the following groups:
* Those responsible for the military attacks and economic blocade against
Iraq that have killed at least 1,500,000 Iraqis in the last 11 years, about
half of them children.
* Those responsible for the slaughter of well over 200,000 mostly indigenous
people in Central America during the 1980's.
* Those responsible for the slaughter of over 2,000,000 people in Vietnam.
* Those responsible for the slaughter of over 2,000,000 people in Korea.
* Last but not least: Those responsible for the deaths of many millions of
people every year through the imposition of 'structural adjustment' and other
austerity policies against poor people throught the so-called third world.
The people who carried out the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center*
may have been acting on your advice, maybe even under your direct orders.
Unfortunately, your experience as a high official of the United Snakes government
would not have led you to be concerned about a few thousand innocent bystanders.
I would implore you to reconsider this matter and encourage those who want
to kill world-class terrorists in the future to follow the example historicaly
set by most communist and left-nationalist guerrillas in trying to minimize
casualties among the innocent and almost innocent.
- Aaron email@example.com
* And on the Pentagon. But in that case, there was no danger of innocent
casualties except on the hijacked plane itself.