GOING VEGGIE IS EASIER THAN YOU THINK
Provided by Animal Aid
FREE RECIPE & INFORMATION PACK AVAILABLE FROM ANIMAL AID
Telephone: 00 44 01732 354 032
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://www.animalaid.org.uk Here are 5 good reasons for going veggie:
1. You'll save animals' lives:
In the UK, around 2-1/2 million cows, chickens, turkeys, sheep, and pigs are slaughtered every single day to satisfy the public's meat habit. Most are reared in over-crowded factory farms where they are denied fresh air and exercise.
2. You'll improve your health: According to a detailed report by the World Cancer Research Fund and the American Institute for Cancer Research, 'Vegetarian groups have been shown to have lower overall mortality, lower risk of cardiovascular disease, lower rates of obesity, and longer life expentancy than general population comparison groups.'
3. You'll help feed the world: Animal farming is a massively inefficient way of producing food for people. This is because animals waste most of the value of the crops they are fed in the day-to-day workings of their bodies. We can feed between four and ten times as many people on a vegetarian diet by growing crops direct for human consumption.
4. You'll help reduce environmental pollution: Animal farming is one of the biggest causes of water pollution in the UK. Globally, farmed animals consume increasing quantities of precious water, land, and energy.
5. Say yes to life! Choosing vegetarianism is not only a rejection of the killing of animals, it is a statement against all unnecessary violence. To try to live our lives without causing suffering to animals is the logical extension of opposition to the persecution of humans on the grounds of race, religion, colour, or political beliefs.
Editor's note: The word "race" should be properly said as "ethnicity."
Please support our campaign to encourage people to Go Veggie. For each one per cent of the UK population that goes veggie, around nine million animals are saved from slaughter every year.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE...GO VEGGIE
Send now for your FREE information booklet.
Join Animal Aid
Animal Aid exposes and campaigns peacefully against all animal abuse, and promotes a cruelty-free lifestyle.
If you would like to join Animal Aid, a Life Membership is £200. Annual membership: Waged £12; Unwaged or aged 17 £8; Youth (16 or under) £5; Oveseas £15
I enclose a donation towards the campaign.
Please send me a free veggie pack.
Include your name and address.
Please state if you do not want to receive information from like-minded organisations.
The Old Chapel
Tonbridge, Kent TN9 1AW
Telephone: 00 44 01732 364 546
Fax: 01732 366533
Email: email@example.com Web: http://www.animalaid.org.uk