Please make a copy of this DEMAND page, fold it into thirds, address it to J. Dennis Hastert whose address is here close it with a staple or tape and mail it. Please do not put your name or address on this mail no matter where you live.
WE WANT YOU TO DO THE FOLLOWING OR NO ONE WILL VISIT YOUR STATES FOR TOURISM AND FOREIGNERS WON'T PURCHASE THE GOODS PRODUCED IN YOUR STATES UNTIL YOU:
1. Pass legislation which will enable the American people to activate the Equal Rights Amendment to the Constitution and provide as many extensions for ratification should they be needed as necessary until it is ratified;
2. Pass legislation that will to allow women to work at home if they so choose providing their work can feasibly be performed at home;
3. Free the Cuban 5: Gerardo Hernandez, Fernando Gonzales, Ramon Labanino, Antonio Guerrero, and Rena Gonzalez;
4. A FULL INVESTIGATION of ALL NASA management, EVERYONE GS-13 and above, by a scientific and technical (NOT congressional) committee, NOT connected in any way with NASA;
5. A full investigation of all CONTRACTOR management as well connected with NASA;
6. Pass legislation that will prevent Assata Shakur from ever being extradicted from Cuba;
7have jobs which involve extensive typing;
8. Reinact the legislation that President Clinton approved regarding the Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA) because it will save businesses $9.1 billion annually over the first 10 years;
9. Pass legislation allowing freedom of speech for federal employees, and end the prosecution of Dian Hardison immediately in Florida.
The Journal of History - Winter 2003 Copyright © 2003 by News Source, Inc.