MOHAWK GRANDMOTHERS ATTACKED
AT CANADA-US BORDER CROSSING
June 16, 2008
ONE ELDER SAVED BY A HEART ATTACK - ANOTHER ELDER MISSING IN ACTION:
MOHAWK GRANDMOTHERS ATTACKED AT CANADA-US BORDER CROSSING ON UNCEDED HAUDENOSAUNEE LAND
Mohawk Elder and Grandmother, Kahentinetha Horn suffered a heart attack, Saturday, June 14, 2008 during a vicious, unprovoked assault by OPP and border agents at Cornwall, in Akwesasne community. She had been beaten and handcuffed when she collapsed. Earlier when she was pulled over, Kahentinetha immediately contacted her brother, a lawyer, on her cell phone. The entire incident was being filmed as her brother rushed to the scene just in time to call an ambulance for her.
Meanwhile, Elder and Grandmother Katenies of Akwesasne was beaten and taken prisoner to an as yet undisclosed location. We are very concerned about her safety. We demand to know of her whereabouts and that she be released immediately.
A few months ago, Julian Fantino put out the word, warning Kahentinetha not to set foot in Ontario or else... She is the publisher of MNN and regular internet reports that are very critical of police and government actions toward Indigenous people. Her articles often clearly state the legalities/realities of the situation that Canada is a corporation plundering unceded Turtle Island. The land and resources belong to the Ongwehoneh people. Canada's huge debt to us will bankrupt them forever.
The other day, while Stephen Harper was making a public apology to Indigenous for the crimes of the residential schools, he was also preparing to send the army in at 6 nations. Brantford city mayor has requested it, stating his city police cannot handle another "Mohawk uprising," in other words, peaceful protests against housing development where non resident, nonNatives attack the protesters while the police watch. The Ontario Conservatives call for military intervention every day.
On Saturday, border agents were pulling over every Native person. Kahentinetha and Katenies were traveling in Akwesasne in the course of their regular activities and were caught up in the dragnet. Did Fantino set up a trap for the two outspoken, Mohawk grandmothers? We suspect that Kahentinetha would have been killed at a secret location had she not had a heart attack and been taken to hospital.
Immediately following this incident, many Mohawks and supporters started to gather at Akwesasne.
Kahentinetha and Katenies' attackers want them to accept being Canadian or else they will kill them and anyone else who resists colonization. This low level warfare is playing out on the "border" between Canada and the US, an imaginary line drawn right through the Mohawk community of Akwesasne and through Haudenosaunee territory which is a vast area on BOTH sides of the Great Lakes.
This Great Lakes area is also a proposed center for the NWO. Many military plans are underway including nuclear submarines in the Great Lakes and JTF2, Aerospace Warfare Center and NATO FOB (Forward Operating Base) at a new base being built at Trenton, near Tyendinaga Mohawk community. Tyendinaga was attacked by OPP/SWAT in April when Mohawks protested housing development there.
If Canadians are so damned sorry about the abuse of Native people, why is this still happening? Why do people remain silent when Mohawk elders and grandmothers are attacked like this? We are under constant surveillance and threats and attacks while our land continues to be plundered and pillaged. Was this a failed assassination attempt ordered by Julian Fantino, commissioner of OPP and head of the biggest gang in the area?
We must demand answers and get answers. This attempted genocide must cease. We will never give up.
Call or write to politicians, media, action lists including international. Get the word out now!!!
Karakwine will be speaking with Kevin Annett on live radio today at 4:30 pm Montreal time.
Sharbot Lake, Haudenosaunee Territory
PLEASE SEND YOUR OBJECTIONS TO:
1. QUEEN ELIZABETH II, Buckingham Palace, LONDON UK
2. Governor General MICHAELLE JEAN, 1 Rideau Hall, OTTAWA, ONTARIO firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Canada Prime Minister STEPHEN HARPER, House of Commons, OTTAWA, ONTARIO email@example.com
4. Ontario Premier DALTON McGUINTY, Queen's Park, TORONTO, ONTARIO mcguinty.D@parl.gc.ca
5. United Nations firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Indian Affairs Minister Strahl.email@example.com
7. Brantford Mayor Michael Hancock 519-759-3330 firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Ontario Attorney General 416-326-2220 or 1-800-518-7901;
9. Minister Ontario Aboriginal Affairs Michael Bryant Lars.Eedy@ontario.ca
10. Neil Smitheman, Brantford ambulance chaser email@example.com 416-868-3441
11. Aaron Detlor firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Bev Jacobs email@example.com
13. Julian Fantino OPP Commissioner firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Paul Leblanc of \"Indian\" Affairs"
15. Sylvia McKenzie Justice Canada
16. Emanuel Chabot Public Affairs 7 Emergency Preparedness email@example.com
17. Louis-Alesandre Guay Justice Canada firstname.lastname@example.org
18. Gilles Rochon Aboriginal Policing email@example.com
19. Chuck Strahl Minister of \"Indian\" Affairs" firstname.lastname@example.org
PREVIOUS ARTICLE | NEXT ARTICLE
The Journal of History - Summer 2008 Copyright © 2008 by News Source, Inc.