ALERT FROM JEWS FOR THE PRESERVATION OF FIREARMS OWNERSHIP
America's Aggressive Civil Rights Organization
May 10, 2005
JPFO ALERT: THE END OF AMERICA - MAY 10, 2005
On Tuesday, May 10, 2005, America became a true police state. Your U.S. senators voted -- unanimously, with no discussion, and without even reading the bill -- to create a national ID card.
The Real ID Act blackmails state governments into turning their drivers licenses into a draconian tool of the federal homeland security apparatus. If states refuse, their citizens lose such "privileges" as being allowed to board an airplane, enter a federal building, or apply for social security. President Bush is expected to sign the bill eagerly on Thursday.
In three years -- by May 2008 -- this Stalin-style internal passport will be an American reality. But your government will have more control over you than Stalin ever dreamed in his most violent, vicious, anti-freedom dreams. (See links to the text of the law and articles about it at the bottom of this article.)
But that's only the beginning.
The creator of the Real ID Act, Rep. James Sensenbrenner, smiles and tells us that his Real ID Act is all about "solving illegal immigration" or "preventing terrorists from entering the country." This is one of the biggest of the thousands of "Big Lies" we've heard from the tyrants in Washington. The Real ID Act is about tracking and controlling Americans. You. Me. Our children. Everybody.
In May 2008, barring a miracle, America as we once knew it will be in ruins. It will be gone. And the rights of gun owners will be among the first scheduled for destruction.
GUN OWNERS: PREPARE TO RESIST
Here's your future:
* You walk into a gun store, fill out your 4473, and show your government ID just as you now do. But instead of looking at your license and taking down some information, the clerk runs the license (which is likely to contain a radio-frequency ID chip) through a scanner. Your purchase is instantly recorded in your state drivers license registry. The federal government isn't currently allowed to keep a gun registry. But no problem; the Real ID act gives them an open door into your state records.
* Complete information on every firearm you buy will be instantly available to every police officer (and possibly every government employee, store clerk, or computer hacker) you ever encounter. You'll be an instant criminal suspect every time you deal with someone who has access to the database.
* Just as travelers are encouraged to get background checks and give fingerprints to avoid some of the worst excesses of TSA screening, gun owners will be encouraged to get background checks and give whatever biometric ID the Department of Homeland Security requires. This will be sold as a "benefit," ensuring you'll never again experience an "instant-check" delay. In fact, Congress, the ATF, or the FBI might even "mandate" 5-day or 15-day delays for anyone not enrolled in the "Trusted Firearms Buyer" program.
* The private purchase "loophole" will be closed, so that all gun buyers must make trackable purchases. (The ultimate goal is for every purchase of every kind to be trackable.)
* Buying ammo? The store scans your national ID card and -- bingo! -- your purchase is registered in the state database.
* The federal government or state governments can now also effectively legislate limits on the amount or kind of ammunition you're "allowed" to purchase. Try to buy more and the database instantly rejects you.
* The federal government or state governments can now also effectively legislate limits on the number of guns you may own. Try to buy more, and the database rejects you.
* Eventually -- after the federal government "discovers" the obvious, that national ID won't stop either illegal immigration or terrorism -- the old attack on "evil guns" will resume. When they want your .50 BMG . they'll know just where to find it (because the Real ID act says your home address must be revealed). When they want your evil "scoped sniper rifle" (you know, the one you hunt deer with), they'll know just how to get it. Ditto with your "Saturday Night Special" or your "assault weapon."
* If you don't surrender your guns, well, then the Department of Homeland Security will cut off your driving "privilege," as well as your right to escape the growing police state via plane. You'll be a prisoner in your own home, in your own country. Or you'll be forced to function as an outlaw, operating and living a precarious existence beneath the government radar.
PARANOID? OR PAYING ATTENTION?
You say these projections are ridiculous? That we're paranoid?
Well, frankly, if the Real ID Act doesn't make you paranoid, you're not paying enough attention. We ask you to consider the long-term impact of a few other acts of government.
In the 1930s, Congress promised us that our social security numbers would never, absolutely never, be used for identification. Now, they're the key to everything about us -- and without a social security number you won't get a drivers license and you won't even be "allowed" to drive
after May 2008.
In 1913, Congress and the media swore to us that the brand-new income tax would only affect the rich. Well, how rich do you feel after paying 40 percent of your income (or more!) in taxes?
This is the way government works. They've even got a term for it: mission creep. And there is no creepier mission than the mission the federal government has currently set itself: to track everyone, everywhere, and to control what we do.
We warned you in "The State vs. the People" (http://www.jpfo.org/tsvtp.htm ) that this was coming. That book is still relevant, still a good read, and still filled with information about what our future will be like in this new American police state.
Be forewarned. Be aware.
REAL ID: IT'S THE LAW AND IT'S CRIMINAL
Please take a moment to go to this site: http://www.rebelfirerock.com/home.html. Click on the link that leads to the song "Justice Day." Listen to the music or read the lyrics. Here's the opening of the song:
You're the boot.
Stomping on the human face forever.
You're the eye.
Staring down on everyone and ever seeing all.
You're the lie.
Twisting all our minds into your whoredom.
You are Death.
You are war.
You are slavery.
You're the law.
You're the law.
You're the LAW!
George Orwell was the first to describe totalitarianism as a "boot stomping on the human face forever." But in Orwell's day Americans would have had a hard time believing that the law -- the good old, all-American legislature -- all those smiling senators and "representatives" would be the ones to plant their iron heels in our faces. Back in those innocent days, we imagined tyranny would come from "outside."
Well, tyranny is here. And it's a gift from the very people we so trustingly put into office.
Tyranny is THE LAW.
Is this a way to run a country? Tacking something as onerous as national ID onto a must-pass bill and making it law without any debate? What does this say about people the gun owners consider their friends? In the House, where the bill containing the Real ID Act passed 368-58, only three Republicans voted against it. Here's the final roll-call vote so you can see how your own congressperson voted: http://tinyurl.com/cr3bj )
In the Senate, not one person cared enough about freedom to vote against it -- or even to demand that senators "discuss" it.
(The Real ID Act originally passed the House in February as a standalone bill (H.R. 418) by a vote of 261-to-161. House leaders, realizing national ID would have been in trouble in the Senate, then added it to a must-pass military appropriations bill in a cynical ploy to make it almost impossible to fight national ID.)
Turning America into a full-fledged police state was just business as usual to your representatives. And, just as Adolf Hitler scrupulously followed German law while committing his horrors, so your "representatives" and the bureaucrats you face at the national-ID drivers license bureau will also be following the law -- the Real ID law that allows them to enslave you.
(To see what a real Bill of Rights leader would do, read the novel "Hope" by Aaron Zelman and L. Neil Smith: http://www.jpfo.org/hope.htm .)
We have two choices now: Resist or submit.
More than 600 organizations, from the American Civil Liberties Union to the National Governors Association, opposed the bill. Even the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (which loves national ID and was largely responsible for an earlier attempt at such legislation nine years ago) criticized it.
We can expect lawsuits against national ID, including at least one suit led by state governments.
However, nearly all the opposition from state governments focuses on one area: They're upset because the federal government didn't offer them extra money to enslave us. If Congress bribes them with enough millions and billions, they'll gladly sell our freedom.
Only one state, Montana, has so far absolutely refused to cooperate with national ID. The Montana legislature passed a law saying they would not go along (not implement). However, that will mean that Montana residents are barred from flying without extreme extra scrutiny or from applying for federal benefits because their licenses will be "non-compliant." Although we applaud the courageous Montana legislators, no doubt we'll soon hear many Montanans demanding the "privilege" of having a real national ID card.
Ultimately, real resistance is up to us, as individuals. There are certain courses of action JPFO cannot recommend. But every freedom lover should be pleased if all the people who had a hand in creating Real ID act lost their jobs -- soon. And those individuals who truly value their (and their children's) futures should seriously consider making national ID their line in the sand.
We have already heard from many people saying they will drive without a license rather than submit to a license that has become a Stalinist control document. We just hope their resolve stays equally strong when they face a world in which it's impossible to buy, sell, retire, travel -- or buy a gun -- without national ID.
We ask you to remember men like Alexandr Solzhenitzyn http://tinyurl.com/at9yn ) and Natan Sharansky http://tinyurl.com/chwet ). Both stood up and boldly opposed a tyrannical regime in the Soviet Union. Both risked their lives. Both suffered horribly for their resistance and their protests. But eventually, they triumphed -- and the Soviet Union crumbled.
Editor's note: The Soviet Union crumbled because the Illuminati mandated it to do so as it was time for the United States to become the one power to instigate the wars so as to eventually destroy its economy, which the Illuminati had planned since the beginning of what we know as the United States of America. War only temporarily helps economies; later it destroys them.
We are in need of such people, and such courage, today. We cannot wait for "someone else" to stand up and show that kind of integrity.
We must become the kind of people we admire if we are ever again to live in a nation we can trust.
G-d help us if we fail.*
- The Liberty Crew
ABOUT THE REAL ID ACT
Text of the law:
"No Real Debate for Real ID"
"Last Chance to Stop National ID"
http://www.antiwar.com/paul/?articleid=5887 . (written before
* We spell G-d this way because in Judaism it is considered a sign of respect. We spell out the name of the Creator
only in sacred settings.
JPFO mirror site: http://www.jpfo.net
Original Material in JPFO ALERTS is Copyright 2005 JPFO, Inc.
Permission is granted to reproduce this alert in full, so long
as the following JPFO contact information is included:
Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership
PO Box 270143
Hartford, Wisconsin 53027
Order line: 1-800-869-1884 (toll-free!)
Shall Not Be Infringed
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
In May 2001, U.S. Attorney General, John Ashcroft, publicly confirmed that the Second Amendment protects the rights of individuals to keep and bear arms. Later that same year, the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals (Texas) upheld this view in U.S. vs. Emerson. In 2002, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (San Francisco) proclaimed that the Second Amendment did not protect individuals' right to own or possess weapons as stated in the case of Silveira vs. Lockyer . The U.S. Supreme Court refused to hear both cases on appeal.
The U.S. Department of Justice re-confirmed in December 2004 that the Second Amendment is very clear in that it pertains to individuals. It also confirmed that the term "militia" referred to a citizen militia comprised of adult male civilians, not a governmental agency such as the National Guard.
What has very clearly been neglected, however, is the latter part of the Second Amendment which very clearly states that the "right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" (emphasis added by this author). And yet our right is being infringed on a constant basis from all levels of government. And the U.S. Justice Department seems to come up empty-handed when it comes down to enforcing its position on an individual right.
A few examples include:
* New Jersey - Assembly Bill 3998 would allow the government to confiscate your building or vehicle for the crime of illegally possessing a firearm. An illegal possession includes possessing an ordinary handgun, rifle, or shotgun without the proper permit. This bill was introduced in May 2005.
* New York - Ronald Dixon was prosecuted for defending his children against an armed intruder without first completing all of the necessary paperwork required to own a handgun. Mr. Dixon served time in the same facility as the burglar. June 2003.
* Massachusetts - Law-abiding citizen loses his concealed carry permit and his right to possess 20th century firearms over a "wardrobe malfunction." Basically, the wind blew his jacket open exposing his otherwise concealed firearm. No shots were fired, the firearm was not directed at anyone or anything. Unfortunately this gentleman's right to own firearms has been reduced to historical relics as a result. May 2005.
* Washington D.C. requires a license to purchase any handgun, shotgun, or rifle. All firearms must be registered with the police. However, the District ceased the registration process on handguns in 1976 making the ownership of handguns completely banned with a few possible exceptions.
The list of such infringements goes on and on across the country at the city, county, state, and federal levels. Of course, most of us are willing to accept some form of control. This is obvious based on the thousands of gun control laws that are already on the books. At what point, however, does common sense become blatant infringement? And what is the Justice Department doing to protect us from such infringements?
The only possible recourse, at this time, would be through the court system and would involve more money than most folks can afford. Of course, these cases never end with one judgement. Rather they tend to be appealed and appealed all the way up a Circuit Court where the rulings vary depending on your geographic locale. And while the average citizen may not be able to afford to fight such cases, the government can easily afford it through the use of our tax dollars.
Ultimately, the U.S. Justice Department and/or the U.S. Supreme Court will have to take definitive action to protect our right from the anti-American predators that seek to destroy liberty. If they fail to act, their position will be nothing more than words printed on paper as will the Second Amendment.
Jennifer Freeman is Executive Director and co-founder of Liberty Belles, a grass-roots organization dedicated to restoring and preserving the Second Amendment.
PREVIOUS ARTICLE | NEXT ARTICLE
The Journal of History - Fall 2007 Copyright © 2007 by News Source, Inc.