Did You Know?
Iran and Syria
From New Trend Magazine (http://www.newtrendmag.org) information on today's Iran:
Recently President Khatami of Iran admitted that Iran and the U.S. have been holding secret talks in Geneva for the last two years.
Here are the facts of Iran:
1. Defense related agreements with Vajpayee of India. [During the visit with Vajpayee, Mr. Khatami declared that Mahmud Ghaznavi, the great hero of Muslim culture who defeated massive Hindu armies, had NOTHING to do with Islam.]
2. Support for NORTHERN ALLIANCE and support for Karzai's government. Mr. Khatami is one of the very few overseas officials who have disgraced themselves by visiting Karzai in Kabul as if he is a legitimate ruler.
Editor's note: Birds of a feather flock together. This is proof that Khatami is supported by the CIA.
3. Khatami's VISIT WITH MUSHARRAF and _expression of support for the corrupt military regime which has sold out Pakistan.
4. IRAN SUPPORTED THE EMBARGO AND SANCTIONS AGAINST IRAQ.
5. Iran's policy has been to act as scavenger for the U.S., waiting for the destruction of Afghanistan and Iraq, remaining neutral while the 2 were bombed.
6. Iran has handed over 50 suspected Al-Qaida members to the U.S. [a smaller scale General Musharraf type activity].
7. THROUGHOUT THE INTIFADA, Hizbullah [which Iran ostensibly supports] HAS NOT LAUNCHED EVEN ONE ATTACK AGAINST ISRAEL. Thus the Palestinian people have been left to fight alone, though Ayatollah Khamene'i regularly makes hot speeches in support of Palestine. [This speech making, without risk, is typical of Iranian "support" for Palestine.]
8. The U.S. in turn helped Iran. It bombed the Iranian MKO rebels in Iraq, then decided to use them as a pressure point to embarrass Iran, but forced them to disarm completely.
9. There has been a very obvious U.S. use of Pro-Iran Shias in Iraq by the U.S. to defeat Saddam, to carry out looting, hold big rallies in Najaf as if USA's victory is time for celebration.
10. The main pro-Iran Shia leader, Baqir al-Hakim, resident in Iran, re-entered Iraq with U.S. permission and started organizing support without ANY interference from U.S. forces.
SO NOW WHAT DO WE MAKE OF BUSH's STATEMENTS AGAINST IRAN?
There are two aspects of the new statements being issued against Iran:
1. They are expressions of the Zionist will speaking through the U.S. power structure. Zionist Jews always insist on making their erstwhile "allies" crawl in the dust. Thus if Iran wants the U.S.' support, the Zionists think it should be made to crawl and beg.
1a. The claim is being made that Al-Qaida leader Saif al-Adel is in Iran (supposedly in the border area with Afghanistan). There is no evidence for this claim and it is similar to the claims which were made about Saddam's connection with Al-Qaida mujahideen. The Al-Qaida are reputedly puritanical in their understanding of the Qur'an and the Sunnah and quite at variance with the Iranian version of Islam.
1b. Perhaps the U.S. has been misled into thinking that the Iranian republic is near collapse and will retreat in response to threats. It is possible that Iranian monarchists and MKO supporters think that Iran is very weak. In fact blatant American threat could be counterproductive and lead to resurgence of Imam Khomeini's movement.
1c. The major media immediately swing into action when the U.S. government gives the signal. CNN, MSNBC and FOX started churning out propaganda against Iran when Rumsfeld indicated that pressure needed to be put on Iran. ONE INTERESTING ITEM was that the U.S. does not want Iran to shape Iraqi Shias according to the Iranian pattern. What's wrong with that picture is that the U.S. has not opposed the entry of Baqir al-Hakim and a thousand others from Iran into Iraq.
2. New Trend's view is that the U.S. campaign of vague threats is part of a disinformation campaign whose purpose is to fool the Muslim world about U.S.-Iranian relations. Iran is best suited to divide and weaken the Muslim world and thus help the U.S.
IRAN'S SILENCE ON KASHMIR, CHECHNYA, AFGHANISTAN, IRAQ and it's constant sermons against Israel without even one military operation against Israel all indicate that the Iranian government is not to be trusted. If the facts on the ground are to be trusted, the U.S. and Iran are working together secretly.
[Notice how quickly Iran's friends ruling Syria went into collapse in front of U.S. threats. Syria too claims to be a "fighting for Palestine" when it has not FIRED A SINGLE SHOT AGAINST ISRAEL in 20 years. One phone call from Washington and Syria closed down the offices of Palestinian organizations in Damascus. Compare with Saddam who defied the U.S. for 13 years.]