By Tony Gosling
June 5, 2010
04.06.10 :: BREAKING NEWS :: Photographers arrested and hunted down in the hills.
Photographers are being harrassed, followed by choppers and motorcycles by police in the hills around the Dolce Sitges.
Two photographers in the hills had their rucksacks taken by police on motorbikes who'd been informed of their whereabouts by choppers. Two more photographers were detained for four hours. Another was told to delete pictures or face 32 hours detention.
Over 300 police have been deployed at great cost to the Spanish tax-payer.
Military catamarans patrol the sea outside Sitges, there are choppers in the sky and a no-fly zone has been imposed forcing local hang-gliders out of the air.
03.06.10 :: BREAKING NEWS :: First confirmed attendees
Confirmed participants at this year's Bilderberg conference:
1. Marcus Agius: The chairman of Barclays and a senior non-executive director on the BBC's new executive board; married to Katherine, daughter of Edmund Leopold de Rothschild.
2. Josef Ackermann: The CEO of Deutsche Bank and a non-executive director of Shell.
3. General Jack Keane: the former vice chief of staff of the US army and on the board of the US defence conglomerate General Dynamics.
4. Juan Luis Cebrián Echarri: The CEO and co-founder of El Pais; the CEO of Grupo Prisa (Spain's biggest publisher); on the board of directors of Le Monde.
5. Richard Holbrooke: Barack Obama's special envoy to Afghanistan and Pakistan and a member of the board of directors of the Council on Foreign Relations.
6. Gustavo A Cisneros Rendiles: A Venezuelan media mogul – one of the world's richest men.
7. Victor Halberstadt: Professor of public economics at Leiden University and international advisor to Goldman Sachs. President of the International Institute of Public Finance.
8. Roger Altman: The founder and chairman of Evercore Partners, "the most active investment banking boutique in the world" (their website says).
9. Joaquín Almunia: Senior Spanish member of the European commission.
10. W. Edmund Clark: President and CEO of the TD Bank Financial Group.
11. Jan H.M. Hommen: Chairman of the ING Group.
12. Jyrki Katainen: Minster of finance in Finland, chairman of the Finnish National Coalition party.
13. John Ellkan, vice president of Fiat and the billionaire Agnelli family. Spotted at the airport coming out of a huge private jet and being taken in two Mercedes people carriers with tinted windows to the conference venue.
14. Timothy Geithner is currently 'touring in Europe'.
+44 (0)7786 952037
"Capitalism is institutionalised bribery."
"The maintenance of secrets acts like a psychic poison which alienates the possessor from the community" Carl Jung